Following the retirement of Lazaro de Melo Brandao after 75 productive years as the head of director of Bradeso, Luiz Carlos Trabuco, the acting chief executive officer, has taken over his position. Luiz Carlos Trabuco, at 64 years of age, is both the current chairman and the CEO until March when he will be relieved of the CEO position.
Why is Luiz Carlos Trabuco Holding both Positions?
According to the bank’s charter on valor.com.br, the president should vacate the seat for retirement at the age of 65.Trabuco has however, been awarded a waiver allowing him to serve until next year. Trabuco assured the public that choosing the CEO is procedural. He also added that the institution’s organization is highly complex and segmented in nature and these factors will play a major role in who is to be chosen.
Luiz Carlos Trabuco joined the institution in 1969 and has served as CEO of from 2009. Before that, he was its vice president from March 1992 and the department director between 1984 and 1992. He was also promoted to several other prestigious positions due to his outstanding leadership skills and customer relations. He was awarded a post-graduate degree from The University of Sao Paulo’s School of Sociology and Politics. And awarded as Entrepreneur of the Year for Finance.
The Candidates in this Great Race for the CEO’s Position
The main question here is: who will replace Luiz Carlos Trabuco? There are seven major candidates eying the top seat of the CEO. All of the candidates have their different traits which make them suitable for the job. We have highlighted some of their profiles:
• Mauricio Minas- Arguably the most popular of the lot, he is currently the bank’s vice president of technology. He spearheaded the bank’s technological revolution. He also worked on the integration of HSBC and development of the institution’s digital bank.
• Domingos Figueiredo Abreu- He is in charge of the institution’s treasury and credit docket and played a key role in the purchase of HSBC
• Alexandre Gluher- He is arguably one of the most experienced candidate. He played a major part in the integration of HSBC, the largest acquisition in the history of the bank.
• Josue Pancini- arguably the most experienced in the lot together with Gluher, and one of the longest serving employees in the bank since 1975. He has held the post of vice president for a very long time.
• Marcelo Araujo Noronha – He has served in the bank for almost 15 years now in charge of the investment bank, Bradesco BBI’s corporate segment and card operation.
• Lazaro Octavio- He is the latest addition among Bradesco top executives and has led the insurance unit that is responsible for a third of the bank’s results.
• Andre Rodrigues Cano- He is responsible for the human resource docket and the most recent member of top management.
It is clear that we can expect a really tough battle ahead due to the candidates being involved possessing impeccable qualities, leadership, and experience. In addition to the candidates’ profiles, it is equally important to take into account Trabuco’s influence as one major factors that will impact greatly on the section of the new CEO. The prediction of who is to succeed Trabuco is therefore a tough nut to crack and it will be quite interesting to know who will come out on top. All bets are off on this one.
Search more about Luiz Carlos Trabuco: https://www.istoedinheiro.com.br/o-bradesco-de-brandao-trabuco/